As of today I'm exactly one week out from the event! Next Saturday is the big day..... so I think things are in a pretty good place in terms of preparation. The last few things are painting up a few more minis and then printing out all the packets. In the spirit of 'work with what you have,' I decided to use these absolutely brilliant Hieronymus Bosch miniatures by Andrew May. I'd backed them on Kickstarter a long time ago, and they'd been sitting unpainted, but they seem perfect for the weird, otherworldly, mutated beings I imagine inhabiting the Mass. Plus, as an art history dork, how could I possibly resist getting these? They felt too special to use for a long time, but I decided now was the moment.
Saturday, August 15, 2026
The Mass in the Cauldron pt. 9: Creatures of the Mass!
I have both sets of them (and it sounds like a 3rd set is in the works) so that's a total of 20 weird little guys. Right now I have twelve done, which is probably enough for the event itself, but I might try to jam out a few more this week while I'm in the mode of doing it.
I'm really happy with the recipe I landed on for the bases- a strange teal housepaint I have left over, followed by black wash, then lime green, pink, and yellow drybrushing. The figures themselves get painted to a reasonable level of detail then drybrushed with ice yellow, which to my eye at least, hides many little errors and clumsy highlights underneath it.
Very happy with how these look on the boards- I can't wait to see all of this stuff together and mixed up with a bunch of folks Cauldron warbands!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Day Itself! Playing the Mass in the Cauldron
Photos by @michaelcwiatrak_art Well the day finally came! Yesterday we played The Mass in the Cauldron at Top Deck Games in West Philly. T...
-
So the real reason I started this blog was to post about an event I'm putting together next month. If you haven't heard of Cauldron,...
-
As I've mentioned, one of my favorite parts of the whole tabletop games hobby is the outlet to make things fast and messy . I spend ...
-
So the next phase in making these boards is building up texture before moving into color. I unfortunately didn't get great pix of that...
absolutely splendid. i can’t stop looking at these!
ReplyDelete